Web Tension Technology106 - $295
1-Day Course: Wednesday, January 11th, 2017 from 8:30AM – 3:30PM
Location: Industrial Control in Zeeland, MI
Bagels & Lunch Included
Purpose of Training
This course is designed to help engineers and technicians evaluate and improve their web-based machinery and correct problems that are causing financial loss. They will be introduced to the latest technology that uses advanced automation to minimize continuous operator manual adjustment.
Who Should Attend?
Attendees will learn how to eliminate too loose or over-tight wound rolls or inappropriate point-to-point web tension. They will learn how to calculate Torque, Power, Slip heat, inertia in order to select Brakes, Dancers, and Clutches to set the optimum tension.
- Loose or over-tight rolls
- Point to Point tension problems
- Web and roll alignment
- Dancer control problems
- Pneumatic vs. Magnetic tensioning
- Dancer Loading and positioning
- Digital tension readouts & controls
- Using ultrasonic tension sensors
- Dancer Unwind & Rewind
- Manual and automatic systems
- Load Cell applications
- Pneumatic Brakes & Clutches
- Using closed loop dancers
- Using ultrasonic and Tension sensors
- Tension control based on roll diameter
About the Instructor
Our instructors have the Freedom to tweak each session to the specific needs of the students. They also have the in-depth knowledge to address control engineer’s toughest questions. They work in the real world of emerging industrial factory automation every day.